18. CraigsList – Some things don’t ship very well. Other things may make you feel uncomfortable to sell to someone across the country. Anytime you’re selling a large item or something you just don’t want to ship, Craigslist is a great place to go. It’s simple to list your item (again, take good pictures!). If you don’t like the idea of putting your phone number out there, the interested individual can send you a message to your inbox without even getting your email address.
Work remotely for a call center. Because many call center jobs are location independent, finding work in this field is an easy way to earn some money from home. Dozens of sites list job openings for call-center representatives, including Freelancer.com and SimplyHired.com. Meanwhile, you should check local job listings for openings and opportunities as well.
If you own an automobile then capitalize on it by renting it out whenever you're not using it through sites like Turo and Getaround. If you want to keep your keys, then you can become a driver for either Uber or Lyft. Depending on where you live, you may be able to earn $35 per hour. One final option would be to register your car as an airport shuttle service vehicle and take people to and from the airport.
20. Etsy – If you like to create arts and crafts, you can sell them on Etsy.It’s completely free to open an Etsy store. You simply sign up, post pictures of your creations and starting selling. You can choose your payment option, but PayPal is generally the easiest. Etsy makes it easy to sell and keep track of your inventory. There is a small listing fee and they take 3.5% of every sale you make.
Become a proofreader. All kinds of businesses hire professional proofreaders to look over their copy and content for errors before they publish. This side hustle is one that could work for nearly anyone since you can work from home provided you have a computer and an internet connection. You can find online proofreading jobs through websites like Indeed.com and FlexJobs.com
Take advantage of the growing delivery trend and sign up for a service like Instacart, UberEats, Postmates or Amazon Flex. You get paid per delivery, in most cases, and can even earn tips. A car isn’t always required — Postmates lets you use a bike, scooter or your own two feet to make deliveries — but a background check almost always is part of the deal. Learn more about how to get started with Amazon Flex, UberEats and Instacart.
71. Sell Your Stuff on eBay or at Consignment: eBay is an ideal place to sell old or unwanted items. As the saying goes, “One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.” If you have some relatively unique items that are easy to ship, eBay is a great place to make some extra money. Consignment shops are also a great way to get rid of old or unwanted clothes.
You can generate a small side income taking online surveys — but don’t expect to be rolling in the dough. Survey sites don’t typically offer a big payoff, unless you invest a lot of time, and many sites are more useful for earning gift cards than cash. Some of the more popular survey sites include Swagbucks and Global Test Market. Read our analysis of a dozen survey sites to find out which one is best suited for you.
17. Amazon – Have you heard of FBA? It stands for “Fulfilled by Amazon” and it’s getting pretty popular. Basically, you buy products (in bulk is best) and ship them to Amazon for them to store. When your products sell, Amazon packs them up, ships them out and sends you the money (after taking their cut). There are people making a full-time living from FBA, while others just do it for some extra money.
The hardest part about saving money is actually transferring the funds out of your checking account and into a savings or emergency fund. No one wants to see their savings account drop without an immediate benefit! But with Rize, you can automate saving so you never have to think about it. Just set a savings goal and a date, and Rize will do the rest.
27. Sponsored/paid posts – Many blogs publish sponsored and paid posts. Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. Your basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your traffic before you will get many offers.
Blogging is something that requires patience, persistence and discipline. It may mean writing everyday for over a year before you really start to see any money from it. There are exceptions to the rule, but from my dealings with other bloggers, it seems to be pretty common to spend one or even two years building your blog, your brand and your authority, before making any serious amount of money.
This is one of the simplest strategies to employ -- just answer an ad for a business that's looking for part-time help. It might be for a job waiting tables or working a cash register, but no matter how unglamorous it might be, it will turn some of your time into money. Working just two four-hour shifts a week at, say, $12 per hour will get you nearly $100 per week -- and about $5,000 per year. You might do even better than that, such as if you wait tables at a fancy eatery and collect some hefty tips.
Hello I am 26 and just hit a huge life crisis wall! I had a great job and was let go out of the blue, with little to no money left for bills and other.. I was scheduled to drive home from Florida to Michigan tomorrow with my boyfriend and he has no idea I have only $400 to my name I have no idea what to do or how to get enough money to get me through this trip.. I already have found a new job but I don’t start until we are back in 10 days ! I feel like I am so underwater!
Could you make an extra $200 per month? Sure. How about an extra $1000 per month? How would that change your life? To most, it would make a monumental difference. But what if we were talking thousands more per month or even tens of thousands more? How would that alter the trajectory of your life? Clearly, you can make money on the internet. You just have to decide how much of your time it's worth.
Those who enjoy writing may be able to make some money on the side doing freelance writing and perhaps even becoming a contract writer. How much you can earn will vary widely, as some kinds of jobs pay more and some kinds of writers (such as those with many bylines) can command more. Even if you earn just $50 per short piece you write for an online site, doing four of those per week would be $200 -- equivalent to $10,400 per year. You can look for gigs at sites such as Upwork.com, Fiverr.com, and Freelancer.com.
…Marketing an eBook is definitely the hardest part. Ebooks have exploded in popularity and the market is unfortunately saturated with crap from people who thought they could write a quick eBook, put it on an affiliate network, and make millions. However, if you CAN find a good way to market (or possibly have others market by having it listed on affiliate networks) then an eBook can be a great way to make some residual income.
22. Advertising – This is definitely the most old-school way of earning money with a blog. It’s also starting to become the least common way. You can sell advertising spots directly on your site or you can sign up with a company like Google AdSense or Media.net. Either way, you won’t see a whole lot of money from ads until your views are well into the thousands each day.
Outside of starting your own business, investing in the stock market has been one of the most consistent ways to create wealth over the past 100 years. In fact, since its inception in 1957, the S&P 500 has consistently returned 8% per year on average. A far higher return than savings accounts, CDs, money markets, or any number of other vehicles for saving and investing your money.
It’s not really insulting I picked up a Photoshop Element 8 and Cs5 Extended while deployed to Afghanistan and before hand I had used a friend trial version with plenty of free time and nothing else to do you can become very talented in these aspects, I myself designed numerous things for my company and batallian won many awards (including a deployment coin I designed) if you have the talent you do not paticularly need to attend a $63,000 university to prove it, most of these schools (I’ve read many reviews) don’t fully go through many of the aspects required for the degrees they issue and many find they are out of school with no work and a mountain of bills, NO THANKS market yourself well enough and your personal talent can get you anywhere without a degree and four wasted years of your life.
Photos of people can only be sold for commercial use if they've signed a 'model release' that gives you permission to use their image (children need a parent/guardian to sign). Without a release, these photos can still be sold for editorial use, as long as they were taken in a public place – eg, if you submitted a 'breaking news' shot with people in the background. If there's any doubt, always ask permission.
Making some extra side hustle cash doesn't actually have to be that complicated. As someone who's been immersed in the field of online income generation for nearly two decades now, I can tell you that it takes some work. However, there are several clear paths forward. At the end of the day, it all boils down to what your goals are and just how much you're looking to automate your income.